Italy is one of the most famous destinations in the world and our favorite country. The Italians say “Il Dolce far Niente”, which literally means “The sweetness of doing nothing”. Trust us, if you choose Italy as your travel destination, you will not be disappointed! Hike the Italian Dolomites, visit the Colosseum, explore the Tuscan countryside, take a boat tour around Capri, see Florence museums, and try heavenly Italian food. Use our Italy travel guides and budget tips and make the most of your trip.
- Weather: Italy is a popular destination all year round. But the best time to visit Italy is spring (March to June) or autumn (September to October).
- Visa: Use iVisa to check if you need a tourist visa for Italy and apply for an e-visa online.
- Safety: Italy is generally safe! But small thefts or pickpockets may happen in tourist areas.
- Tap Water: It is safe to drink tap water in Italy!
- Plugs: The plug types are C, F, and L with 230V standard voltage, and the frequency is 50Hz.
- Currency: The official currency of Italy is the Euro (EUR).