Why visit Peru? Because everyone wants to see Machu Picchu, which is one of the New Seven Wonders of the World. But this beautiful country is much more than that. Hike the Rainbow Mountain, explore the Peruvian Amazon, take a boat tour around the Ballestas Islands, visit the Desert Oasis of Huacachina, and see the Nazca Lines. Are you dreaming of visiting Machu Picchu?
Getting around Peru is easy and accessible for all budgets. Use our Peru travel guides and budget tips and make the most of your trip.
- Weather: The best time to visit Peru is during the dry season between May and October.
- Visa: Use iVisa to check if you need a tourist visa for Peru and apply for an e-visa online.
- Safety: Peru is generally safe! However, small thefts or pickpockets may happen in tourist areas and on public transport. In Lima, we recommend using a trustworthy taxi company.
- Tap Water: Not safe to drink.
- Plugs: Plug type A or C with 220V supply voltage and 60Hz.
- Currency: The official currency of Peru is the Peruvian Nuevo Sol (Soles/S).